(252) 773 0430
just make an appointment & you’re done!
This sleep quiz, derived from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, is a useful tool for quickly determining if you have a sleep disorder or if it is a factor in your overall health and well-being.
This evaluation and the results obtained are not intended to be a substitute for medical advice.
Do you suffer from sleep apnea?
Check all that apply:
- I’m told I snore, and it can be rather loud.
- Others claim that pauses, gasps, and snorts interrupt my snoring.
- I’ve been told that while I sleep, I regularly stop breathing.
- I’m a little overweight.
- My mouth is dry when I wake up.
- Morning headaches are a common occurrence for me.
- My friends and family claim I’m irritated or grumpy a lot of the time.
- My neck is more than 16 inches across, and I’m on medicine for high blood pressure.
- I get a good night’s sleep, yet I’m tired during the day, especially when driving or at work.
- Even if I fight it, I fall asleep when I don’t intend to.
- I am a man.
- I have a cousin who suffers from sleep apnea.
If you responded yes to three (3) or more of the questions in this section, you may have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a potentially serious condition that can raise your risk of heart attack, stroke, or death if left untreated. Sleep Services of Maryland recommends that you see a professional.
“True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is
to the body, nourishment and refreshment.”
~ William Penn